Vehicle: Nissan RS13 1JZ; F11 RN-20
votes: 40
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good friend. Smile
ard

votes: 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's up?

I had some stuff to weld once the car was back with the rollcage - cut&weld seat mounts, make the missing piece of main body rail, seam weld all main rails. Then everything was covered in body seam sealer, epoxy primer and painted with random black colour.
My friends Andrius and Marius took it to their hands and painted everything over the weekend, fuck me that was fast. Hats off!

RED IS BACK!

ard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i haven't posted in a while so i can't remember all the shit that i've done to the car. was busy building few other driftcars, time attack cars, partying, getting drunk, etc. did not compete for a half a season last year until i've met luke fink and stewy briant and helped them to compete in local street drift series round in our street cars. later i've borrowed my friends t518z sr20 s13 and tried my luck a little bit.

so,

i had to take all running gear off again, put the fuel tank in, get new brake and fuel lines made up, put the subframe on, changed master brake cylinder to BM50 from s14.

windows in, wipers, doors, boot etc.

bought new XTD ceramic clutch disc, refurbished flywheel and pressure plate.
custom poly engine monts.

Body wiring got tested and got rid of unnecessary shit like ABS, AC, interior lightning, stereo etc. new battery box.

got my heater matrix inside, cut and soldered the blower motor so it fits with the cage.
dash, armrest and other shit had to be modded to fit. new gauges.

made new fia spec seat mounts, bimarco seat, sparco harness.

engine, clutch, box and other shit is inside. modified the front of the engine bay to fit sr20 50mm alloy rad, mounted new fmic core with pipes. mounted oil cooler and power steering cooler on non pressurized ps return line.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB8AStCDAh3/

and finally i got that shit started

ard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new steering lock spacers, driftworks tension rods, streering rack relocated in front subframe

rest of the parts were painted by mad color marius

team mate helped me with putting the body back again - fenders, door handles, mirrors, kouki aero and shit like that.

tried to max out my suspension, but it was not working properly. radical bump steer and shit like that. had to change my brake lines, stock s13 ones were a bit short so i've made some custom goodridge ones.

lowered rear, raised front. should work ok.

twin SPAL VA10-AP50/C-61A fans. curved blade, sucking, 1221CFM so its about 2,5k CFM, should keep shit cool.

off for a first test

it was ok, didn't have wheel alignment so it was a bit sketchy. body is super stiff, front coilover camber mount bearing is a bit loose so couldn't figure out where the sounds comes from. it seems that sound comes from the rollcage itself, pretty awkward. cooling works well, had to rev hard to get my oil temps over 100C.
had some clutch slippage, must check this before the round1.
killed my driftworks tension rod rose joint so packed my car and went home. pretty awesome first test drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sokM6trjg10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XZCAJ3dDk

ard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short summary for 2016 season - attended all pro-am rounds and few random events/car shows. few comments under the pics.

rd1 - Vilnius, small N40 track. Car was awesome, looked badass, but had a clutch slip and didn't qualify at ~24th place. NICE.

rd2 - Alytus. Adjusted clutch pressure plate, added shims between fly and clutch PP. Weather wasn't really great. Sun mixed with rain. I qualified in really wet conditions, qualified ~7th (street grassroots ftw). Scratched a curb with rear wheel on entry, following car spun but I didn't finish the whole track. Couldn't keep up with him on his lead run so I lost at top16. NICE.

rd3 - Panevėžys, my home city. Mixed weather and clutch slip didn't help me with that, didn't qualify. Couldn't even make a proper burnout for the parade, oh well.

Demo runs at Fast Lap šerykla #1. BMW E46 flew out out of the course and decided to roll back on track once I was passing it, so hit him with my rear quarter, spun and hit tire barriers with front bumper. Front lip cracked, bumper cracked, both front fenders, hole in intercooler. NICE.

rd4 - Kretinga. My birthday. 4h drive to one side. It was a fucking hot day, used a bit-worn-but-fresh-rubber, had a fucking massive clutch slip, qualified 17th, didn't pass to TOP16. Had a fucking great birthday party with drifters, got fucking shitwasted. Good party.

Next day I was offered to join a local drift track for some drift demos for new comedy. My two seconds of fame:
[video=youtube;ehCLFqrwF04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehCLFqrwF04[/video]

Chill'n'grill 2k17, washed my car for first time. Good party.

rd5 - Druskininkai. Narrow track, big angles. Clutch was slipping, had to initiate with a flick, got told that that was too aggressive and I should initiate by handbrake. what the fuck. no thanks. didn't pass qualification, packed my shit, went home.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDvwHPAB8H/

[video=youtube;8AS0umk9Nxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AS0umk9Nxw[/video]
Judge told me I shouldn't do this. Thanks for letting me know.

ard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought new random organic 7MGE W58 clutch disc. Took out the pressure plate washers to increase the pressure. It was fine for a short period of time. It seems that my pressure plate was fucked from the start.

rd6 - Vilnius, N40. Had a training session on friday, comp on saturday. Clutch seemed fine, got carried out, clutchkicked hard and it started slipping again. At the end of fridays train sesh some random guy rear ended me in the front without looking. FUCKING NICE. damage report - cracked bumper, busted headlight, fender, type-x indicator.
I was running on fresh rubber again, clutch held better so had nice angle and more smoke. Qualified 6-8th place, can't remember. Top16 was against some random bmw e30 v8 and it was raining. Won against him. Top8 battle was against crazy 2jz 600hp s13 with wisefab and he was mounting new winter tyres because it was raining heavily. Asked him not to start hard so I can keep up, he agreed. Had a nice door to door battle in lead and chase runs. Made a little mistake during transition because my steering rod got bent and i straightened a little.
Realised that my front coil springs are way to soft for 1jz engine, coil compresses and tire touches the body during transition, steering rod gets bent. oh well. killed something like 3 rods that day.

Fast Lap šerykla #2 demo runs, bent steering rod, changed that, got bent again. oh well.

Now Japan 2016 - japan culture expo, had a JDM themed car parked outside, was asked to join them.

tested some new knuckles, that had to be more aggressive. Liked them, but I need more.

Steering wheel spacers and Nardi wheel

Some of the bent steering rods. Not all of them because some got lost, etc.

[video=youtube;OizmEDOgtdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OizmEDOgtdU[/video]
Friend got filmed for a commercial so I had to be in the background somewhere as a backup car.

Meanwhile I'm moving my car to a bigger garage, so nothing is happening right now.

roliss

Vehicle: RR
votes: 43
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaaa, now I know who was the guy behind me at the megameet@333 with dark s13, nice drifting, much fun! Mr. Green

/red s13 with RB Wink

ard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, I was attending megameet with my daily SR20 NA+T s13 shitbox.
maybe I will be able to attend with 1jz car next year, because it should be road legal in few months.

ard

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDM.LT vlog and they interviewed us and our team. English subtitles available.

Links uz YouTube

So I've rebuilt MA70 R154 box with Marlin Crawler thrust washer and bearing retainer

ard

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilt Goodridge brake lines

MA70 R154 box rebuilt with MC parts, new OEM toyota bellhousing and 70mm extended shifter to fit S-body

Ogura twin ceramic clutch with dampened sintered discs. New flywheel bolts because the old ones where torque to yield and stretches once assembled so can't be reused more than few times. Had to make custom clutch cover bolts because M8x1 are not available in stores locally, couldn't wait for it to arrive from ebay/uk

Bashed the tunnel really hard, motor was tilted to fit the box. R154 is huge.

New prototype VTUNED knuckles with really aggressive ackermann correction.

New FRP kouki bumpers and front lip, fitted rear oem crash bar. Square number plates - these are pretty hard to get in LTU, because of shitty bureaucracy

Got aero shit painted and put my car on scales. 1200kg without driver and no fuel. pretty even, good crosscorner percentage.
shit's heavy but i don't give a fuck

Spent three nights putting stickers on my car. 2000 D1GP vibe yoo!

Swapped front wheels to R17x8 et32 and tires 215/45/17 KUMHO. Much more wheel clearance and no gay tire stretch

Went to lithuanian pro-am round1, which combines wide variety of cars and drivers. The only rule is tire rule - not more than 225. Crazy 700hp gayfabbed sbodys vs stockish M50 powered e36 compacts etc. wild wild west.
won 3rd place.
Raised front, new front coils aragosta with swift100 10kg springs, new knuckles, tires, much more front feel. clutch sounds amazing.
Tried new Dimax R8 tires and had to put 2,2bar to rear wheels because i lacked power to control wheelspeed at 1,5bar. lost a bit grip but got angle control with throttle.

Onboard video:
Links uz YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    200sx.lv Forum Index -> Projekti All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: