atcerēties mani Paroles atjaunošanaReģistrēties
200sx.lv 200sx.lv
Project: Team Beat - ard 1JZ S13
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ard

votes: 5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Project: Team Beat - ard 1JZ S13 Reply with quote

hi guys,

i want to introduce my long lasting "i have no idea what i'm doing but still having fun" project - rotten daily beaten drift missile S13 with 1JZ and kouki type-x.

everything started from this: i bought it and welded some shit and painted it

It had ca18 engine with tubular exh manifold, T25g with braided hoses, 2.5"exhaust, fmic, apexi filter, etc:

then i heard some knocks:

then my friend kinda crashed it a little bit:

then i fixed some shit - 600hp looks, lol

i had a local drift training day so i thought fuck it and i gave it a shot. well it looked stupid but i didn't have any overheating problems that day lol

i have fixed that front a little bit more so i could put on all fenders, lamps, hood etc
i used 5kg hammer and steel cable attached to another car. main part of body was straight, just a front part was smashed so it drives straight, but the clean look is already gone

so after a while i've bought a rhd soarer, took the engine out, and sold the rhd chassis. it didn't have decent papers and i couldn't get parts for LHD swap so it was useless anyways. although it was mint condition.
it had manual swap, it used w58 box from mkiv 2jzge supra, everything was bolton as i was told.

i've sold my ca18det engine, turbo kit, exhaust, custom made fmic setup. everything was bolt-on so it went away really fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YIEPLRrbs

and then jz went in:

driveshaft finished. i just love the new tube. also the welding is incredible.

s15 throttle cable, modified and shortened by 32mm.

had to chop and weld water outlet pipe so i can use ca18 rad, because there is too little space to use stock jz intake manifold and sr radiator.

so i finished all bullshit with my water pump, everything was running again.
i fabricated some fmic piping, got it tig welded and leak tested:

got a massive 16 inch fan on my stock ca18 rad, mounted with my ghetto fabrication zip tie mounts:

its about ~1cm of area between cooling fan and the engine, so it's a tight fit.

and i got a local technical inspection sticker, something like uk MOT certificate that shows that car technical condition is acceptable. i had to drive 150km to my hometown to get that because i'm in some kind of blacklist so i had no chance to get tech inspection cert in a big city. my tach shows ~1,5x more rpms and speedo does not work, so after 120-140kmh cruise with a welded stock 45mm s13 exhaust my water temps went way up so i had to stop for a cool down. that's when my friends totally randomly stopped by and sourced some water for a rad refill. top chaps!

so now i'll have to cut the stock s13 exhaust off to help the engine breathe. it does not go on boost and hesitates when i hit wot. stock exhaust is SO restrictive, fuck that.

also previous owner used water instead of antifreeze, so engine is full of brown oxides and other crap. i need to clean in with running water or whatever. one of the main bugs is the prop shaft bearing. something got fucked up and i have slight vibrations when starting in 1st gear, hopefully i can solve this before it blows my tranny seals.

had to check if it can do a burnout. yeap, it works.

so i've made a proper exhaust so now i can use it as a daily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0Y9FgOSOQ

so i had some problems with my engine getting hot after a few laps so i bought a 50mm 3core copper koyo radiator:

looks massive

stock vs koyo

measuring & shit

new lower rad mount points

it fits

i've found a present from a previous owner - aftermarket temp sensor just screwed fingertight into a wall in the rad and covered in some epoxy sealing shit. i've been using 1,1bar cap so it got blown really fast. had to get it soldered at a specialty shop. this is what we get for buying used parts...

some time ago i was invited to do few demo runs on a kart racing circuit on the roof of a shopping mall. we were told not to crash anywhere. yeah, right... i crashed at least 3 times? can't remember, but i've found few dents lol
it had a concrete runway and it ruined my tires on first few warm up laps, so i thrashed it till my tire exploded and then left my car in the circuit for the night.

and i had a crash in a drift practice, killed my 4th stock ca18 rad (before the koyo)

so basically i'm killing it slowly

i was participating in an matsuri type event, but due to organizing failure we did not have proper track lights so e had to stop runs before 22h. had a blast, engine held perfectly, just needed to do some pauses to cool the oil because im skint and cant afford an oil cooler.

shitty onboard of my shitty runs with a shitty cheap china camera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz8ZKPVwE9k

I got tired of hitting my legs to the doors and steering wheel, so i bought a ksport bucket seat.
3mm mounting plates, 30x30x3mm crossmembers, sandtler seat mounts, wurth cat12 hardware and ksport bucket seat.

boring stuff

i got rid of sound deadening some time earlier, so i saved few hours

drilling some spotwelds

cat bump was cut out for seat rails

using angle grinder to the limits

fresh stuff

can't get lower than this. couldn't fit my finger between the rail and floor, there's just enough space for mounting nuts and carpet

fully welded

carpet, crossmembers, seat mounts - oem look. i like to keep this car street legal. this is my daily ride before the snow.
ksport uses different bolt pattern so i had to redrill the mounts to fit the seat.

awesome mod, so much input from the car.

so everything works fine so i thought that its a perfect time to get my body smashed a little bit more

and then i got it somewhat fixed

well..

good as new!

my friend finally posted our local training day video so you can check it out

https://vimeo.com/80553272

So it's time for some steering lock modifications:
control arms lengthened by 25mm each, custom knuckles, adjustable tension rods, 25mm custom lhd offset spacers, s14 tie rods with tie rod ends.

cutting shit

welding shit

more welding

closeup

stuff

a little bit more wide

assembled for bump stop position testing, lock is not final

R17x9JJ et30, looks really nice. i'm tired of driftcars with shopping cart wheels up front

So i got my car assembled and it's rolling on its own wheels again. I've changed steering column (had to raise engine by 10cm because couldn't take the old shit out), new u-joint in steering rod, refurbished s14 brakes with goodridge armed hoses, new hard brake lines under the hood, bleeded brakes, custom fuel filter bracket, got my radiator tig welded to stop any leaks. lots of minor stuff took lots of time and effort. i have two weeks left for building my car, because first event at 04.19, and i need to test my car before that.
next step is to put 215/45/17 up front and adjust the camber/caster/toe. also raise the front a little, tires rub every-fuckin-thing.

My lovely kouki type-x bodykit. guess who's gonna be pretty this year

Also did some boring wires.

damn, it's getting hot

ard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the long first post, but i had nothing to exclude. so if you're tired of it and want some fresh stuff you can follow us on facebook - www.teambeat.lt
Gacha

Vehicle: '90 gada sarkanu 200sx
Reputation: 49.6Reputation: 49.6Reputation: 49.6Reputation: 49.6
votes: 23
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up

Tā turpini!

PINKA

Vehicle: Nissan RS13 1JZ; F11 RN-20
votes: 40
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum man!

Nicely going with the build, hope to see you on 10th of may in Riga, Bikernieki race track!
Keep up the good work!

HaL

Vehicle: 96' MB SL500, 08' BMW E93, 09' Volvo XC70
Reputation: 40.8Reputation: 40.8Reputation: 40.8Reputation: 40.8
votes: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viss skaisti, tik tā bundža jau tik sūdīga, ka pat tolmets pretī neņems Mr. Green

darbs ieguldīts te Rock

Eds

Vehicle: 200sx RS13
votes: 16
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordii

Vehicle: 200sx
votes: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything was looking pretty nice until i saw the welded knuckles and control arms... Crying or Very sad
s14dst

Vehicle: Z33
votes: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordii wrote:
everything was looking pretty nice until i saw the welded knuckles and control arms... Crying or Very sad

Why? That's a very good mod Wink
ard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of japan tuners weld their knuckles, also australian/new zealand tuners likes c's garage do this to their cars and clients. all parts were fully prep'd before welding and welded by a professional welder so there's no way they will fail.

currently they are painted black, stealth mode - on!

students

Vehicle: s13
votes: 26
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ievērtēju vakar Viļņā Smile diezgan glīti , izņemot bundžu. un tonis izplūdes patīkams Smile))))
ard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a flat tire, but i didn't have any spare 4lug wheels, so i had to do a quick and dirty 5lug swap at the rear. quick and dirty turned out to be 6 hour long nasty fuckup and now i have 17x8,5jj gram lights and non functioning hand brake.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=253442998171528 - towing ford mondeo in style

ard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something like 4 days left until the first drift event and figured out that its possible to put the s14 subframe in.
i've used custom two piece poly offset rising subframe bushings to do this. s14 subframe, s13 camber arms, s14 diff cover etc.

So the stock s13 rear end was dropped, s14 oem subframe bushings got drilled out, changed some bits like camber arms, s13 dustshields with s13 handbrake stuff. so i'm left with full s14 running gear + thicker s14 rear swaybar + 5lug + fully functioning s13 killer handbrake

Body had to be modified to fit the subframe because bushings did not sit flush with the body rails so i've hammered here and there. i got carried away with the hammer and made a mess, did not really need to hammer this hard, but oh well...
Bodykit got painted, my friends multitasked and put the body while i was busy with the subframe. Master brake cylinder failed and started pushing air to the front brake contour on the last night before the alignment, so had to change to random untested one. got my alignment done and now i have front camberio -2'30'', toe out 0'05'' per side, caster -7'12''. rear camber ~ -2', toe in 0'10'' per side.
i like this set up, does not understeer hard, front end feels grippy. heavier steering wheel but heavy engine and 9jj wheels does not help for this. rear end is grippy on power, informative traction and acceleration when sideways.

ard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i've installed kouki sidelights, slides much better now

ard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i managed to qualify 9th at street drift event, won over crazy caged e30 with v8. fun stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RLacGojVd8

PINKA

Vehicle: Nissan RS13 1JZ; F11 RN-20
votes: 40
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that E30 was all over your cars back end... Wanted you to know what is the color of his car!

Good job with qual!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    200sx.lv Forum Index -> Projekti All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: